Since my motherboard died, I have been forced to use my work laptop to do most of my work. It has also been necessary to borrow my wife’s computer to try and get access to my hard drive. Thankfully both of our computers were identical, so booting from my hard drive on her computer will not result in driver / chipset issues. I feel like I am closer, but it takes a while. While I have been out of the PC repair game for some time, thankfully the concepts remain the same. Heck even the utilities are mostly the same, only updated to adapt to the new technologies. My biggest challenge was deciding if I wanted an LGA 1511 or LGA 2011 CPU. The LGA 2011 won out. So, here on Monday I should be ordering my new hardware (motherboard, RAM, CPU and CPU cooler, power supply, and SSD) from Amazon, and I should have them by Wednesday if all goes as planned. I have been getting the rest of the rebuild prepped in the meantime. I have pulled all the old hardware out of my case, it is now sitting on my workbench, sad and alone. Don’t worry little fella, you will have some new tenants soon.
At this time, it looks like I will be 3d printing until late next week with any luck, but I may start twitch streaming my prints live after that time. I will need to pick up a new camera, but I have a line on those already. Stay tuned.
Thank you everyone for your support, and thanks for stopping by.
(All links open in new tab)
- Rising Media and Innorobo Present 3DPrinting@home and Robot@home, Taking Place Within IFA Global Markets
- Interested in 3D Printing Stocks and ETFs? Check Out the First 3D Printing ETF in the U.S.
- Bioprinting bones and muscles: The inkjet cell printers shaping the future of transplants
- Meet Xpider, the smallest, cutest programmable 3D printed robot spider you've ever seen
- Taiwanese government brings voxeljet 3D printing tech to its own foundry industry
- New Shaper Origin Uses Augmented Reality for Flawless Handheld CNC Machining
- 3 Beaten-Up 3D Printing Stocks: Are They Bargains?
- Emerging Objects introduces 3D printed objects made from recycled rubber tires
- '4-D printing' a new dimension for additive manufacturing
- Rinkak launches 3D design and 3D printing competition for PC air vent with ¥1,000,000 in prizes
- ORNL and Boeing to receive Guinness World Records title for largest solid 3D printed item
- Researchers Create Microstereolithography for 4D Printing, Potential for Impacts in Medical, Solar & More
- The Digital Hand: Using Kinect to Create 3D Printed Furniture and Objects
- Celebrate Kobe Bryant's 38th birthday with these basketball themed 3D prints
- Alfred Pennyworth: 15 Things You Didn’t Know About Batman’s Butler
- The Witcher 3 takes PC Gamer Top 100 top spot
- The Great American Eclipse is a year out, but viewing spots are already being snapped up
- Overwatch’s Eichenwalde is now playable on the PTR
- An easy guide to getting started with Marvel's 'Star Wars' comics
- The Old Guard: Exclusive first look at Greg Rucka/Leandro Fernandez comic from Image
- Inside Building 87, Microsoft's hidden mad science laboratory
- Microsoft Project Scorpio might need an Xbox One emulator
- Adam West Returns as Batman in the First Trailer for ‘Return of the Caped Crusader’
- Master of Orion Review